Kingsley Educational Pty Ltd
|Throughout this Web site: = Australian; = Christian; = new/updated; = Special.|
= Early (age 3-9); = Middle (age 7-15); = Senior (age 13-18); = Parents; = Everyone
Help! How do I Start Home Educating?
- Is your child reading fluently?
This means they can read any material they see, not just simple words or basic readers.
- If not, you need to start with our Early Phonics paper.
- If your child is already reading fluently, you need to read some general books on home education.
- Do you have children age 3-8?
- Read our Early Education paper to see what is most important in the education of your children.
- Then read Early Phonics for answers to your most likely questions about teaching your children to read.
- Choose your style of teaching
- Unit Studies, sometimes called Integrated or Thematic, and represented by Weaver or Konos.
- Subject-based, that is, teaching Maths, English, Science etc as individual lessons.
- If subject-based, choose your curriculum for each subject and order the relevant Diagnostic Testing kits (also called Placement Tests, Starter Kits, etc).
- When you have tested your children you will know exactly which books they need, and you will be able to place your orders without wasting a lot of time and money buying things that are not suitable or necessary.
We will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord,
His power and the wonders He has done Ps 78:4
Copyright © 2002-2011, Kingsley Educational (E&OE)